Posted to user@pivot.apache.org by lello <rb...@gmail.com> on 2011/02/17 23:10:21 UTC

Serialization exception

Hi all,
I have some problem with the serialization of a bxml file.
Basically I have a class which is a just a container with some covenience
methods:

public class C implements Bindable {
  @BXML private TablePane tablePane;
  @BXML private TableView tableView;

  //contructor...

  public TablePane getPane() {
    return tablePane
  }

 // some other method
}

then I have a bxml file which reads something like.

<mynamespace:C>

<TablePane bxml:id="tablePane" />

<-- and so on-->
</mynamespace:C>

Now, when I try to serialize this file I get a serialization exception that
says "C is not a Sequence".
Is it possible to do what I am doing or is it totaly wrong?

thanks

Re: Serialization exception

Posted by Greg Brown <gk...@verizon.net>.
You can use a BXMLSerializer instance to read more than one BXML file.

Posted by Chris Bartlett <cb...@gmail.com>.
Use one or more define blocks in your BXML.  This will create the objects,
but won't attempt to set/add them to the enclosing class (C).

<bxml:define>
<TablePane bxml:id="tablePane" />
<TableView bxml:id="tableView" />
</bxml:define>