Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by Scott Palmer <sw...@gmail.com> on 2019/10/21 17:34:14 UTC

Nested Forms don't load

In a Gradle-based project I have a few Swing forms.  They are built in a
few sections, with a panel reused in two places on another form.  Any form
that references another doesn't load.  I get this error:

Error in loading component: [JPanel]->jPanel2->compareLocationPanel1
Cannot load component class:
example.repo.client.gui.compare.CompareLocationPanel
This usually happens when the class is not compiled or not part of the
project libraries.

Error in loading component: [JPanel]->jPanel2->compareLocationPanel2
Cannot load component class:
example.repo.client.gui.compare.CompareLocationPanel
This usually happens when the class is not compiled or not part of the
project libraries.

Errors occurred in loading the form data. It is not recommended to use this
form
in editable mode now - data that could not be loaded would be lost after
saving the form.
Please go through the reported errors, try to fix them if possible, and
open the form again.
If you choose to open the form as View Only you may see which beans are
missing.

However, the classes in question ARE compiled and sitting in the expected
place:
 .\build\classes\java\main\...

My colleague created these forms with NetBeans 8.2 and the old gradle
plugin.
I'm running NB 11.2-vc-1.

Is the new Gradle plugin not providing the form designer with the correct
classpath?  (The classes are all part of the same project & package.)

Scott

Re: Nested Forms don't load

Posted by Laszlo Kishalmi <la...@gmail.com>.
It seems you are experiencing: NETBEANS-2983
(https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NETBEANS-2983)

I spent a few minutes debugging on that a few days ago. I need to dig
deeper what exactly is missing for the from designer Classpath what we
do not provide.