Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Ever Olano <ap...@olano.org> on 2003/06/14 00:43:29 UTC

ClassCastException when calling SOAPPart.setContent() with DOMSource

When I pass a DOMSource object to SOAPPart.getContent(), I get
ClassCastException on line 651 of XMLUtils.java, which reads

Element domElement = (Element)((DOMSource)source).getNode();

I was initially passing in a Document object to the constructor of
DOMSource().  I changed it to Element but it would not work either. I
would get another error that says something like "xmlns:soap" attribute
has already been added.

Has anyone tried setContent() with a DOMSource?  Right now, I have to
transform my Document into a stream first and then pass StreamSource
instead.

Thanks,
Ever