Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org> on 2010/02/01 10:19:38 UTC

Re: [VOTE] release of ant 1.8.0

On 2010-01-30, Antoine Levy Lambert <an...@gmx.de> wrote:

> a candidate for ant 1.8.0 is available under
> http://people.apache.org/~antoine/dist/apache-ant-1.8.0/

The files look good and I'd give you my +1 for the release, but given
that nobody else has voted so far and the "I don't get any stack traces
in junit reports" may become an important issue, I wonder whether it
might be a better idea to re-roll 1.8.0 with svn revision 905136
included.

Stefan

Re: [VOTE] release of ant 1.8.0

Posted by Jesse Glick <je...@sun.com>.
Stefan Bodewig wrote:
> "I don't get any stack traces in junit reports" may become an important issue

This is a serious regression. -1 on releasing 1.8.0 with this bug.

Re: [VOTE] release of ant 1.8.0

Posted by Antoine Levy Lambert <an...@gmx.de>.
Stefan Bodewig wrote:
> On 2010-01-30, Antoine Levy Lambert <an...@gmx.de> wrote:
>

>> a candidate for ant 1.8.0 is available under
>> http://people.apache.org/~antoine/dist/apache-ant-1.8.0/
>>

> The files look good and I'd give you my +1 for the release, but given
> that nobody else has voted so far and the "I don't get any stack traces
> in junit reports" may become an important issue, I wonder whether it
> might be a better idea to re-roll 1.8.0 with svn revision 905136
> included.

Same here. I will rebuild 1.8.0 with the latest code today, so including
all your fixes for streams which were not
closed or were not closed using the standard FileUtils.close ...

Regards,

Antoine