Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by Lin George <ge...@yahoo.com> on 2006/02/28 13:53:13 UTC

question about the port number Geronimo is using

Hello everyone,

  I am wondering what ports Geronimo are using and each port for which purpose. Another question is how to change the ports since I need to install two application server on the same machine.

  thanks in advance,
  George

---------------------------------

Re: question about the port number Geronimo is using

Posted by Holger Baxmann <ba...@mac.com>.
Hi George,

one of the easiest ways to get around the port circus is to have
multiple IP addresses, each one for one G Instance.
Which OS are you using?

HTH

bax

Posted by Aaron Mulder <am...@alumni.princeton.edu>.
Most of the ports are listed during the normal startup sequence, with
at least a brief description of what component is listening on them.
There are a couple that are dynamically bound and not listed there
correctly -- there's a JIRA for this (but it shouldn't affect trying
to run with another app server since they pick an available port at
runtime).  The most accurate option is of course to run netstat.  :)

If there are any port numbers where you can't tell what's really
listening from the description at stratup, feel free to list them and
we can describe.

As far as changing ports goes, the easiest option is to search and
replace on the port number in var/config/config.xml.  Some of the
ports (in particular the web container ports) can be changed in the
admin console, but many of them are not editable in the console yet.

Thanks,
    Aaron