Posted to dev@camel.apache.org by frk <fr...@gmail.com> on 2013/09/11 13:52:57 UTC

using seda queueFactory with shortened URI

Hi,

found some problem when URI without parameters is used together with new
seda parameter queueFactory in 2.12.0

Example route configuration:

from("seda:a").to("seda:x");
from("seda:x?queueFactory=#myFactory).log("xxx");

in this example queue inside of "seda:x?queue=#myQueue" endpoint is the same
one as the queue created within the "seda:x" endpoint which is a default one
(LinkedBlockingQueue) and not a queue created by myFactory; if I'm using
always full URI .to("seda:x?queueFactory=#myFactory) then everything is OK

seems that using shortened URI is a bad practice and particularly in
combination of queueFactory parameter it is dangerous and there would be
appreciated some exception or at least warning that this configuration is
strange

thanks and best regards
Frk

Re: using seda queueFactory with shortened URI

Posted by frk <fr...@gmail.com>.
hi,

unfortunately not a way to go :(
while this shortened endpoint is initialized because of some EndpointInject
prior our RouteManger.configure()

is there any other way around this problem or do we have to use full URI all
the time?

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Yeah define it as an endpoint first to have it create the queue with
that factory.
endpoint("seda:x?queueFactory=#myFactor");

from"seda:x")...

Or put the ?queueFactory option on the uris where you use it.

On Wed, Sep 11, 2013 at 1:52 PM, frk <fr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> found some problem when URI without parameters is used together with new
> seda parameter queueFactory in 2.12.0
>
> Example route configuration:
>
> from("seda:a").to("seda:x");
> from("seda:x?queueFactory=#myFactory).log("xxx");
>
> in this example queue inside of "seda:x?queue=#myQueue" endpoint is the same
> one as the queue created within the "seda:x" endpoint which is a default one
> (LinkedBlockingQueue) and not a queue created by myFactory; if I'm using
> always full URI .to("seda:x?queueFactory=#myFactory) then everything is OK
>
> seems that using shortened URI is a bad practice and particularly in
> combination of queueFactory parameter it is dangerous and there would be
> appreciated some exception or at least warning that this configuration is
> strange
>
> thanks and best regards
> Frk

Claus Ibsen