Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Ken Krugler <kk...@transpac.com> on 2010/06/24 02:24:47 UTC

Some minor Solritas layout tweaks

I grabbed the latest & greatest from trunk, and then had to make a few
minor layout tweaks.

1. In main.css, the ".query-box input" { height} isn't tall enough (at
least on my Mac 10.5/FF 3.6 config), so character descenders get
clipped.

I bumped it from 40px to 50px, and that fixed the issue for me.

2. The constraint text (for removing facet constraints) overlaps with
the Solr logo.

It looks like the div that contains this anchor text is missing a
class="constraints", as I see a .constraints in the CSS.

I added this class name, and also (to main.css):

.constraints {
   margin-top: 10px;
}

But IANAWD, so this is probably not the best way to fix the issue.

3. And then I see a .constraints-title in the CSS, but it's not used.

Was the intent of this to set the '>' character to gray?

4. It seems silly to open JIRA issues for these types of things, but I
also don't want to add to noise on the list.

Which approach is preferred?

Thanks,

-- Ken

Ken Krugler
+1 530-210-6378
http://bixolabs.com
e l a s t i c   w e b   m i n i n g

Re: Some minor Solritas layout tweaks

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@gmail.com>.
Ken - thanks for these improvements!   Comments below...

On Jun 23, 2010, at 8:24 PM, Ken Krugler wrote:
> I grabbed the latest & greatest from trunk, and then had to make a
> few minor layout tweaks.
>
> 1. In main.css, the ".query-box input" { height} isn't tall enough
> (at least on my Mac 10.5/FF 3.6 config), so character descenders get
> clipped.
>
> I bumped it from 40px to 50px, and that fixed the issue for me.

Yeah, wasn't tall enough for my view either and I figured someone with
some better CSS know-how would fix 'er up.  Thanks!  :)

> 2. The constraint text (for removing facet constraints) overlaps
> with the Solr logo.
>
> It looks like the div that contains this anchor text is missing a
> class="constraints", as I see a .constraints in the CSS.
>
> I added this class name, and also (to main.css):
>
> .constraints {
>  margin-top: 10px;
> }
>
> But IANAWD, so this is probably not the best way to fix the issue.
>
> 3. And then I see a .constraints-title in the CSS, but it's not used.

I've just committed your changes for 1, 2, and 3.

> Was the intent of this to set the '>' character to gray?

No, no intention there... just left-over CSS cruft.

> 4. It seems silly to open JIRA issues for these types of things, but
> I also don't want to add to noise on the list.
>
> Which approach is preferred?

JIRA is ultimately the right place, for tracking and IP sign-off
purposes.  My inbox can't keep track of these things for long.

	Erik