Posted to qa@openoffice.apache.org by Pedro Lino <pe...@gmail.com> on 2014/07/19 11:33:00 UTC

Please add current testing Version to Bugzilla

There is no option for marking a bug as Version 4.1.1 or 4.1.1dev
I'm using 4.2.0dev since it is the closest

Thanks!

Re: Please add current testing Version to Bugzilla

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.
On 19/07/2014 Pedro Lino wrote:
> There is no option for marking a bug as Version 4.1.1 or 4.1.1dev
> I'm using 4.2.0dev since it is the closest

This is quite correct. Version 4.1.1 is not released, so we will have
4.1.1 in Bugzilla after 4.1.1 is available, and use it only for bugs
found in the final 4.1.1.

If I now find a bug in a 4.1.1-dev snapshot, I would check with a trunk
snapshot if this happens there too, then report it for trunk (this is
basically what you did) and nominate it as 4.1.1 blocker if it is a
severe bug that needs attention now and needs to be considered for the
coming 4.1.1-RC phase. In a way, there is no 4.1.1-dev since 4.1.1 is
4.1.0 plus some bugfixes that are all backported from trunk (4.2.0-dev).

Regards,
   Andrea.