Posted to user@poi.apache.org by roffir <ry...@comcast.net> on 2010/07/30 14:18:24 UTC

Need Suggestions using word documents...

I have been creating a "tool" which basically takes two documents, and merges
them together while removing some irrelevant pages from the documents. The
irrelevant pages are determined based on user input. I have created a
working version using itext and pdfbox. The problem is that the document
needs to be edited even after it is run through the program. Therefore the
ideal final file type would be a word document (.doc or .docx). So now I
need to change it to export into a .doc format. I have both original
documents in word and pdf versions. I am trying to avoid using pdf at all. I
have tried doing this with apache poi and open office API, and not that they
don't work, I am just not able to figure out how to merge the documents and
to remove pages.

I am looking for any help/suggestions on what I should do.

Anything would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.