Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Slava_L <lo...@esstu.ru> on 2003/03/03 04:12:47 UTC

Form content enconding

hi list.
I have pretty simple question: How am i suppose to change form encoding type ?
Suppose i have native charset windows-1251 and jsp contentType="text/html; charset=windows-1251"
this works grate when i print string but won't work on form submit - insteed of appropriate string on windows-1251 encodin'  i get unresolvet symbols (i.e. ??????/)

Re: Form content enconding

Posted by Claude Betancourt <st...@cmbsystems.com>.
I am not 100% sure about this, but the JSP (html) content type has nothing to do with the encryption type on a form contained in the html document.

A form may need to be updated with enctype="multipart/form-data" when you're action is expecting something like a file upload.  Otherwise you don't need to specify enctype.

hope this helps.

-c