Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Joshua Long <lh...@adelphia.net> on 2005/05/14 14:40:07 UTC

just wondering..

I have a super obvious question to which (alas) I have no clear answer:
is there a way to build a form component (ie, one whose value is
contributed to the current form submission) which also has an html
template and doesn't need to be rendered in code?

I guess what I'm wondering is: why haven't I started building mega
components used in rows in forms that are reusable?  What am I missing?
Is there something like BaseComponent/BasePage which allow templates for
a form component?

I don't even know that I understand how such a thing would work, but I
do note that Tapestry does  a lot of things I couldn't imagine up
myself, so it doesn't hurt to ask.. :-)

Thanks a lot for any input..

Joshua

Re: just wondering..

Posted by Joshua Long <lh...@adelphia.net>.
gah!

That.. is... AWESOME!

Bleh. I work too hard. I need to stop and smell .... the framework! I'm
always rewarded with an instant productivity gain when I do. Thanks Paul
for showing me what I was missing.

Joshua

I'm gitty. Now, to see if I can boot linux.. off of the Tapestry
framework! LOL.

Joshua Long <lh...@adelphia.net>

Re: just wondering..

Posted by Paul Ferraro <pm...@columbia.edu>.