Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by Norbert Rieger <nr...@lplusr.de> on 2007/03/21 17:44:12 UTC

Installing & Running an Application Client

Hello,

I'm trying to install an "App Client", packed within an EAR.

When deploying the ear geronimo says  "The application was successfully
deployed. The application was successfully started"

Looking at "Application EARs" also says State is running, but wenn I look at
"App Clients" the state of my application client ist "stopped".
The only available command is "Uninstall", there is neither a "Start" nor a
"Restart" command.

What can be the reasons for this, how do I start an application client ?

Thanks a lot for your answers.

Norbert

AW: Installing & Running an Application Client

Posted by Hendra Sasmita <he...@net-m.de>.

Hello,
One possible cause is the problem in your application client's code.

So eventhough your EAR structure is correct and can be started, Geronimo
fails to run your application. Therefore, the state of your application
is back to "stop".

Regards,
Hendra

Re: Installing & Running an Application Client

Posted by Ted Kirby <te...@gmail.com>.
You want to keep the app client in the stopped state on the server.
Starting it is bad! :)

To run the app client:

java -jar client.jar config-name [app arg] [app arg] ...

client.jar is in GERONIMO_HOME\bin

The magicGball sample application uses the app client.

Hope this helps,

Ted Kirby

Posted by Kanchana Welagedara <ka...@opensource.lk>.
Hi Norbert

According to your description.I assume that you have used the web
console to deploy your application.I have come across the same type of
situation in the web console.But I tried using the command line option
and will will throw real situation /exception.The reason is your
supportive Geban may not start properly to access the client and service
won't start properly.According to my experience it was due to the
missing dependency issue in the deployment plan but my deployment plans
was in correct syntax and also filled the minimal requirements deploy it
successfully.Therefore check the command console to trace the error.

cheers!
Kanchana

Posted by Norbert Rieger <nr...@lplusr.de>.
Hello,

I've still a problem when running my app client.

Currently I'm using two ways of starting the app client:

1) within eclipse (3.2.2)
2) as described below (deployed on geronimo and started via java -jar
client.jar <moduleId>

Within this app client I'm connecting to a EJB's remote interface.

Running the app client in 1) works fine, the remote interface can be looked
up and created.

Running the app client in 2) throws exception (see below) in "lookupHome".
I'm not using CORBA object, why is com.sun.corba.se.... involved in my
lookupHome ?
What does the message "no security manager: RMI class loader disabled" mean,
do I need a security manager, how do I setup one ?

Thanks a lot for help.

Norbert

at
de.lplusr.wmc.com.ejb.WmcComSessionUtil.lookupHome(WmcComSessionUtil.java:25
)
at
de.lplusr.wmc.com.ejb.WmcComSessionUtil.getHome(WmcComSessionUtil.java:54)
at Main.main(Main.java:42)
at
org.apache.geronimo.client.AppClientContainer.main(AppClientContainer.java:1
45)
at
org.apache.geronimo.client.AppClientContainer$$FastClassByCGLIB$$b5beae18.in
voke(<generated>)
at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.FastMethodInvoker.invoke(FastMethodInvoker
.java:38)
at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanOperation.invoke(GBeanOperation.java:
122)
at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.invoke(GBeanInstance.java:85
2)
at org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.BasicKernel.invoke(BasicKernel.java:239)
at
org.apache.geronimo.system.main.CommandLine.invokeMainGBean(CommandLine.java
:105)
at
org.apache.geronimo.system.main.ClientCommandLine.<init>(ClientCommandLine.j
ava:79)
at
org.apache.geronimo.system.main.ClientCommandLine.main(ClientCommandLine.jav
a:49)
Caused by: org.omg.CORBA.INITIALIZE: Cannot instantiate
com.sun.corba.se.internal.javax.rmi.PortableRemoteObject vmcid: 0x0 minor
code: 0 completed: No
at javax.rmi.PortableRemoteObject.createDelegateIfSpecified(Unknown Source)
at javax.rmi.PortableRemoteObject.<clinit>(Unknown Source)
... 17 more
com.sun.corba.se.internal.javax.rmi.PortableRemoteObject in classloader
lplusr/com-mfc-ear_com-mfc.jar/1.0/car (no security manager: RMI class
loader disabled)
at sun.rmi.server.LoaderHandler.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at sun.rmi.server.LoaderHandler.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at java.rmi.server.RMIClassLoader$2.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at java.rmi.server.RMIClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at java.rmi.server.RMIClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at javax.rmi.PortableRemoteObject.loadDelegateClass(Unknown Source)
... 19 more

  On Mar 21, 2007, at 12:44 PM, Norbert Rieger wrote:

    Hello,
    I'm trying to install an "App Client", packed within an EAR.
    When deploying the ear geronimo says "The application was successfully
deployed. The application was successfully started"
    Looking at "Application EARs" also says State is running, but wenn I
look at "App Clients" the state of my application client ist "stopped".
    The only available command is "Uninstall", there is neither a "Start"
nor a "Restart" command.
    What can be the reasons for this, how do I start an application client ?

  You can't run an app client inside the server :-)

  What you need to do is open another terminal window in your geronimo home
directory and look carefully at the moduleId for the app client you see in
the console and run

  java -jar bin/client.jar <moduleId>

  (I think there's a script too, but I don't use them)

  Hope this helps
  david jencks

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.