Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by bob mcwhirter <bo...@werken.com> on 2002/07/28 16:53:40 UTC

Re: [CLI] valid option character(s)

> There should also be a check to prevent using unsuitable characters
> being used e.g. '\r'.  I think the Character.isLetter method will provide
> enough validation.  What do others think?

Some wacky folks like to use '-?' as the option to get help.

	-bob

Re: [CLI] valid option character(s)

Posted by John Keyes <jb...@mac.com>.
I'll add '@' support as an exception also then.

So what I've done is the following:

  . if it is a single char option the valid characters are
    isLetter | '@' | '?'

  . if it is a string option the valid characters are isLetter

-John K

Posted by Henri Yandell <ba...@generationjava.com>.
+1 for isLetter.

Posted by John Keyes <jb...@mac.com>.