Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by Tyler Allison <al...@nas.nasa.gov> on 1997/07/26 00:50:02 UTC

mod_cgi/918: if not using suexec, apache forces user to use server gid/uid settings

>Number:         918
>Category:       mod_cgi
>Synopsis:       if not using suexec, apache forces user to use server gid/uid settings
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       critical
If I do not wish to use suexec, but instead use our own cgiwrap program that
enforces more strict control on cgi scripts, I must comment out the below
section from mod_cgi because it forces the user to set the cgi scripts as the
same gid/uid of the server.

    if (!suexec_enabled) {
        if (!can_exec(&r->finfo))
            return log_scripterror(r, conf, FORBIDDEN,
                                   "file permissions deny server execution");
    }

>How-To-Repeat:
Dont use suexec and try and execute a cgi script as some other uid/gid than the
server.
>Fix:
Yes!
Please make this "force user to use same uid/gid as server" a compile time option