Posted to dev@turbine.apache.org by Jason van Zyl <jv...@zenplex.com> on 2001/12/30 15:53:50 UTC

Torque problem with the log4j Logger class

Hi Dan,

I figured we'll start chatting here instead of IRC while we get the changes
to the pipeline working.

The first problem I had seems to be coming from Torque. I am getting a
NoClassFoundException for org.apache.log4j.Logger which is a class that is
not present in the 1.1.3 release of Log4j. So the first thing I was
wondering is if anyone possibly built log4j from CVS and used that?

I couldn't find any references to org.apache.log4j.Logger in any of the
source, though I might have missed something, so I'm not exactly sure what's
going on at this point.

It all starts with the DatabaseService which goes back to Torque. When I
turn off the DatabaseService I still get an exception in the
BaseSecurityService which is again looking for the org.apache.log4j.Logger.

I think it might be something being triggered by the isLoggingConfigured()
method in Torque and Fulcrum and some of the adapting that Ceki did in log4j
in the move toward deprecating Category and using Logger instead.

I think everything is ok with the pipeline but hopefully the log4j error
will be reproducible by others.

--

jvz.

Jason van Zyl