Posted to dev@flume.apache.org by Roshan Naik <ro...@hortonworks.com> on 2013/11/07 04:04:35 UTC

Asynch Hbase sink hanging with asynchbase 0.

The  AsyncHbase 1.5.0  Library is currently in RC2  phase. it should help
fix the protocol incompat issues introduced in Hbase 0.96.

 I was tyring out the async hbase sink with it and hbase-0.96. The
TestAsyncHBaseSink hangs. Below is the Jstack output on the hung unit test:

Any thoughts ?

"main" prio=5 tid=7f8fd3001800 nid=0x10c08a000 waiting on condition
[10c087000]

   java.lang.Thread.State: WAITING (parking)

        at sun.misc.Unsafe.park(Native Method)

        - parking to wait for  <7f434d840> (a
java.util.concurrent.CountDownLatch$Sync)

        at java.util.concurrent.locks.LockSupport.park(LockSupport.java:156)

        at
java.util.concurrent.locks.AbstractQueuedSynchronizer.parkAndCheckInterrupt(AbstractQueuedSynchronizer.java:811)

        at
java.util.concurrent.locks.AbstractQueuedSynchronizer.doAcquireSharedInterruptibly(AbstractQueuedSynchronizer.java:969)

        at
java.util.concurrent.locks.AbstractQueuedSynchronizer.acquireSharedInterruptibly(AbstractQueuedSynchronizer.java:1281)

        at
java.util.concurrent.CountDownLatch.await(CountDownLatch.java:207)

        at
org.apache.flume.sink.hbase.AsyncHBaseSink.start(AsyncHBaseSink.java:440)

        at
org.apache.flume.sink.hbase.TestAsyncHBaseSink.testTimeOut(TestAsyncHBaseSink.java:212)

        at

        at

        at
org.junit.runners.model.FrameworkMethod$1.runReflectiveCall(FrameworkMethod.java:45)

        at
org.junit.internal.runners.model.ReflectiveCallable.run(ReflectiveCallable.java:15)

        at
org.junit.runners.model.FrameworkMethod.invokeExplosively(FrameworkMethod.java:42)

        at
org.junit.internal.runners.statements.InvokeMethod.evaluate(InvokeMethod.java:20)

        at
org.junit.internal.runners.statements.ExpectException.evaluate(ExpectException.java:22)

        at
org.junit.internal.runners.statements.RunAfters.evaluate(RunAfters.java:30)

        at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner.runLeaf(ParentRunner.java:263)

        at
org.junit.runners.BlockJUnit4ClassRunner.runChild(BlockJUnit4ClassRunner.java:68)

        at
org.junit.runners.BlockJUnit4ClassRunner.runChild(BlockJUnit4ClassRunner.java:47)

        at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner$3.run(ParentRunner.java:231)

        at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner$1.schedule(ParentRunner.java:60)

        at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner.runChildren(ParentRunner.java:229)

        at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner.access$000(ParentRunner.java:50)

        at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner$2.evaluate(ParentRunner.java:222)

        at
org.junit.internal.runners.statements.RunBefores.evaluate(RunBefores.java:28)

        at
org.junit.internal.runners.statements.RunAfters.evaluate(RunAfters.java:30)

        at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner.run(ParentRunner.java:300)

        at
org.apache.maven.surefire.junit4.JUnit4Provider.execute(JUnit4Provider.java:252)

        at
org.apache.maven.surefire.junit4.JUnit4Provider.executeTestSet(JUnit4Provider.java:141)

        at
org.apache.maven.surefire.junit4.JUnit4Provider.invoke(JUnit4Provider.java:112)

        at

        at

        at
org.apache.maven.surefire.util.ReflectionUtils.invokeMethodWithArray(ReflectionUtils.java:189)

        at
org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.ProviderFactory$ProviderProxy.invoke(ProviderFactory.java:165)

        at
org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.ProviderFactory.invokeProvider(ProviderFactory.java:85)

        at
org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.ForkedBooter.runSuitesInProcess(ForkedBooter.java:115)

        at
org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.ForkedBooter.main(ForkedBooter.java:75)

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: Asynch Hbase sink hanging with asynchbase 0.

Posted by Hari Shreedharan <hs...@cloudera.com>.
Looks like the hang is in the callback for tableExists(). Note sure if that is something caused by API issues. Maybe bring it up with the asynchbase folks?

Thanks,
Hari

Posted by Roshan Naik <ro...@hortonworks.com>.