Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by jan iversen <ja...@gmail.com> on 2012/10/13 18:38:27 UTC

How to subscribe..

Hi.

can anyone give me a hint on how to subscribe to this mailing list. Empty
mail does not seem to work nor does "subscribe" in the subject.

I am just starting to work on a change in the translation process
(coordinated on ooo-L10 list.

rgds

--
Jan Iversen
Tel. no. +34 622 87 66 19

Re: AOO UX - Getting involved

Posted by Kevin Grignon <ke...@gmail.com>.
KG02 - See comments inline.

On Sun, Oct 14, 2012 at 10:12 AM, Alexandro Colorado <jz...@oooes.org> wrote:

> Althought it might not be current, you should checkout the UX wiki
> pages to get a sense of what was being discussed and the areas these
> project was taking.
>
> http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Ux

KG02 - Yes, the UX wiki is current and contains a task list where we need
help.

Re: AOO UX - Getting involved

Posted by Kevin Grignon <ke...@gmail.com>.
Manuel,

Great news. Thanks for reaching in. We'd love your support.

I'll send off a note explaining how to participate in UX shortly.

Regards,
Kevin

Re: AOO UX - Getting involved

Posted by Alexandro Colorado <jz...@oooes.org>.

--
Alexandro Colorado
PPMC Apache OpenOffice

Re: AOO UX - Getting involved

Posted by Fernando Cassia <fc...@gmail.com>.

AOO UX - Getting involved

Posted by Manuel del Valle <m....@outlook.com>.
Hi!

My name is Manuel del Valle. I'm from Argentina, and I'm a OO user/enthusiast.
Most certainly, I'm not a C++ guru (not really sure I know what that means, now that I think about it), not even a C++ newbie, nor a rock Star. (:wink:)

Somehow I managed to participate in Google Moderator brainstorming session (don't actually remember how I got there, though) about AOO 4.0 improvements and new features. Kevin Grignon answered some of the "Graphical interface" proposals encouraging us to join the UX team, and that's exactly what I'm trying to do: I read AOO UX wiki, and, in order to get involved, I subscribed to this mailing list and signed up in AOO's Confluence Wiki.

I would like to get in touch with some of the UX people, in order to try to learn and participate, but don't really know how to. Is this mailing list the right place? Obviously, I'm not going to be able to code anything, so the developers list seems pretty far away from my possibilities, but I was hoping that I cuold be "useful" in some other way. Perhaps, sharing the point of view of a regular, non-techie user as regards AOO usability.

Sorry if my English is not polite enough, or quite "rough", I'm not a native speaker.
That's all by now, I wait for some guidance on how to get involved.

Thanks,

Manuel

Re: How to subscribe..

Posted by Dave Barton <bm...@apache.org>.
> can anyone give me a hint on how to subscribe to this mailing list. Empty
> mail does not seem to work nor does "subscribe" in the subject.
>
> I am just starting to work on a change in the translation process
> (coordinated on ooo-L10 list.
>
> rgds

Welcome to the project Jan. The following link provides the info you are
looking for:

Regards
Dave