Posted to dev@cxf.apache.org by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com> on 2010/11/16 21:17:25 UTC

ClassNotFound versus ExceptionInitializationError

 This code in Aegis can get an ExceptionInInitializerError (rather
than a ClassNotFound). Think it might be more better to eat those,
too?

private static Class<? extends Annotation> load(String name) {
        try {
            return
AnnotationReader.class.getClassLoader().loadClass(name).asSubclass(Annotation.class);
        } catch (ClassNotFoundException e) {
            return null;
        }
    }

Re: ClassNotFound versus ExceptionInitializationError

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
On Tuesday 16 November 2010 3:17:25 pm Benson Margulies wrote:
>  This code in Aegis can get an ExceptionInInitializerError (rather
> than a ClassNotFound). Think it might be more better to eat those,
> too?

Honestly, in that case, I would just catch "Throwable" as there could be a
slew of potential things there such as Security exceptions, ClassDefinition
type errors, etc...   Since it's an "ignored" exception anyway, I'm not sure I
would worry about all the permutations.

Dan

--
Daniel Kulp