Posted to j-users@xerces.apache.org by August Gresens <au...@gmail.com> on 2006/10/06 21:02:47 UTC

input truncated when standard entity encountered

Hello

I'm using Xerces 2 to do some basic Sax parsing. I'm having a problem which
I cannot seem to find any documentation on..

I'm parsing a document with basic (standard XML) entities, yet the strings
returned by the parser in the characters callback method are truncated when
the parser encounteres an entity.

For example, in the source document I have the following text:

patients&apos; and nurses&apos; assessment of pain and medication efficacy
in severe burn injuries.</style>

shows up in the characters method as:

Comparisons between patients

This is probably something simple - I didn't think I needed anything like an
EntityResolver for standard XML entities like this, do? Also, the
skippedEntity method is not called either, so I think something strange is
going on.

Thanks,

August

August Gresens