Posted to user@mesos.apache.org by Bogdan Ghit <bo...@gmail.com> on 2016/06/04 00:12:06 UTC

Running Mesos agent with --containerizers=docker option on Mac

Hi all,

I am trying to run an agent as follows on my local machine running MacOS:
./bin/mesos-agent.sh --master=127.0.0.1:5050 --work_dir=work
--containerizers=docker.

The error I get is:
Failed to perform recovery: Failed to 'docker -H unix://var/run/docker.sock
ps -a': exist status = exited with status 1 stderr = Cannot connect to the
Docker daemon. Is the Docker daemon running on this host?

Is there a way to instruct the agent to use the tcp://<ip:port> address
instead of the socket?

Bogdan

Re: Running Mesos agent with --containerizers=docker option on Mac

Posted by Guangya Liu <gy...@gmail.com>.
There is a JIRA tracking this
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MESOS-3821 , you can apply the patch
https://reviews.apache.org/r/39939/ from @haosdent to have a try.