Posted to users@camel.apache.org by verlsnake <ka...@kaitischler.de> on 2010/01/14 18:50:16 UTC

Tight Integration with CEP (Complex Event Processing)

Integration with CEP (Complex Event Processing) - relatively seamlessly, not
in an awkward afterthought manner - is more and more important in any
middleware stack ...

So what can Camel do about this CEP integration for us ?

Re: Tight Integration with CEP (Complex Event Processing)

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Jan 14, 2010 at 6:50 PM, verlsnake <ka...@kaitischler.de> wrote:

> Integration with CEP (Complex Event Processing) - relatively seamlessly, not
> in an awkward afterthought manner - is more and more important in any
> middleware stack ...
>
> So what can Camel do about this CEP integration for us ?

Have you looked at the camel-esper component?
http://camel.apache.org/esper.html

Claus Ibsen
Apache Camel Committer

Blog: http://davsclaus.blogspot.com/
Twitter: http://twitter.com/davsclaus

Re: Tight Integration with CEP (Complex Event Processing)

Posted by verlsnake <ka...@kaitischler.de>.
I'm currently not familiar with Apache Camel; what I would like to do is:
- Doing Complex Event Processing upon transient AND historic data
- With data routed to the CEP Engine (of choice) by Camel
- And result data handed back by the CEP Engine to Camel for consumption of
all kinds Camel has to offer
- And this workflow around a CEP Engine should be as conveniently as
possible

Posted by Ashwin Karpe <as...@progress.com>.
Hi,

verlsnake wrote:

> Integration with CEP (Complex Event Processing) - relatively seamlessly,
> not in an awkward afterthought manner - is more and more important in any
> middleware stack ...
>
> So what can Camel do about this CEP integration for us ?

-----
---
Ashwin Karpe, Principal Consultant, PS - Opensource Center of Competence
Progress Software Corporation
14 Oak Park Drive
Bedford, MA 01730
---