Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Richard Kaye <R....@bham.ac.uk> on 2007/06/13 10:07:40 UTC

Re: Problem with XSL stylesheet not being applied when XML served through Tomcat

Interesting, and I don't know the answer. Doesn't sound
like it's an issue with the mimetype of the main document.

One small point is that you load your stylesheet with
 <?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="..." ?>
but the server provides it as "application/xml".
AFAIK "text/xsl" was never registered and so you might try
"text/xml" or "application/xml" instead.  If this doesn't
work you could even try application/xslt+xml, or try
tinkering with the mimetype of the stylesheet as served
up by your Apache/1.3.33 that serves the XSL.

But I don't see why it should work in one case and not in the
other. (But that is what I get when I try it in epiphany.)

Richard