Posted to users@felix.apache.org by Bassem Debbabi <ba...@debbabi.net> on 2011/07/29 16:17:44 UTC

Question about iPOJO instances

Hello,

I have a question about iPOJO instances. In fact, can we create an iPOJO
Component instance without starting it directly? Something like
autostart="false". It will be created, but not launched (I want to start
it manually in programmatic manner after some reconfiguration tasks).

Regard's

--
*Bassem Debbabi*
PhD Student in Computer Science

Re: Question about iPOJO instances

Posted by clement escoffier <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

You can achieve that using a lifecycle controller set to false by default
(this would mark the instance as invalid, not stopped). How do you plan to
start it once created ? If you'd like to avoid service publication, I
recommend using the service controller.

Regards,

Clement