Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Christofer Dutz <du...@c-ware.de> on 2005/10/08 16:34:43 UTC

Generate from global Flow variable

Hi,

I am still learning some of cocoons features. At the moment I am working on
a small demo online-shop. When generating the Confirmation Email I want to
generate a PDF from the cart-content. The cart itself is a simple DOM object
defined as global variable in my FlowScript. I read somewhere that I should
be able to generate content from this. Unfortunately I have no real Idea of
how this is done. I googled a litte and found the SessionAttributeGenerator
which seems to sort of deprecated and the XModuleSource where the
documentation seems to be quite rudimentary. Can anyone please give me some
Tips for this task?

Tanks in advance,

     Chris

Re: Generate from global Flow variable

Posted by Leszek Gawron <lg...@mobilebox.pl>.
Christofer Dutz wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I am still learning some of cocoons features. At the moment I am working
> on a small demo online-shop. When generating the Confirmation Email I
> want to generate a PDF from the cart-content. The cart itself is a
> simple DOM object defined as global variable in my FlowScript. I read
> somewhere that I should be able to generate content from this.
> Unfortunately I have no real Idea of how this is done. I googled a litte
> and found the SessionAttributeGenerator which seems to sort of
> deprecated and the XModuleSource where the documentation seems to be
> quite rudimentary. Can anyone please give me some Tips for this task?

a quick tip (sorry I cannot do more now):
<map:generate src="xmodule:flow-attribute:myDOM"/>

you have to pass a variable called myDOM into the view either with:

cocoon.sendPage( "mail-sending-pipeline", { myDOM: myDOM } );

if you want to use SendMailTransformer

you could also use PipelineUtil.processToStream to make cocoon render
your attachment and send the mail yourself with a custom code but that's
another story :)