Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Valery Ciareszka <va...@gmail.com> on 2013/04/25 16:10:57 UTC

system vm's failure upon node reset

Hi all,
I'm trying to simulate power failures on hypervisor nodes (reset through
IPMI)
After system boots, cloudstack starts system vms, but they keep "starting"
status in management UI.
I can see filesystem errors on vnc console of system vms:
http://thesuki.org/temp/ss/SS-20130425170156.png
http://thesuki.org/temp/ss/SS-20130425131507.png
It seems strange that filesystem of VM goes in such corrupted state after
single unexpected reset.

environment used: CS 4.0.1, centos 6.4, KVM, NFS primary/secondary storage

Valery

http://protocol.by/slayer

Re: system vm's failure upon node reset

Posted by David Comerford <da...@gmail.com>.
EXT3 doesn't like the plug being pulled. Not really a CS specific problem.
Destroy the affected system VM's and new ones should spring into life.

- Dave