Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Jo...@shell.ca on 2003/11/26 22:53:22 UTC

No Keys Loaded For Validation

Good afternoon,

In my application, I use several different resource bundles, however,
the Validator only seems to retrieve the error keys if they are in the
default bundle. For example, in my validaton.xml file I have rules like:

      <field property="currentCustomer"
             depends="required">

            <arg0 key="registration.validation.missingCurrentCustomer"
/>
      </field>

And I have a properly loaded resource bundle called
registration.properties that contains:
      registration.validation.missingCurrentCustomer=Please indicate if
you are a current customer.
      errors.required={0}
      errors.header=<ul>
      errors.footer=</ul>
      errors.prefix=<li>
      errors.suffix=</li

In my JSP I have:
<logic:messagesPresent>
</logic:messagesPresent>

However when running the JSP with blank field data (so all validation
failed), I just get a series of blank bullets. This indicates that the
Validator is finding the correct resource bundle and writing the
"registration.validation.missingCurrentCustomer" key.

A really strange thing also is that if I copy the:
      registration.validation.missingCurrentCustomer=Please indicate if
you are a current customer.
into my default resource bundle, all messages display properly.

Anyone have any idea what is going on?

TIA,

John Pitchko
Programmer/Analyst
Downstream Marketing Systems - e-Business Group
Shell Canada Limited
(403)-691-2572
john.pitchko@shell.ca