Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Benedikt Ritter <br...@apache.org> on 2016/07/01 05:51:26 UTC

Re: compressed method in Apache commens VFS 2.1

Hello Thushanthan,

Amalanathan Thushanthan <th...@gmail.com> schrieb am Fr., 1. Juli
2016 um 01:59 Uhr:

> Hi All,
>
> I'm Thushanthan following computer science at university of
> Jaffna,Srilanka.i found some issues while creating API. In the Apache
> commens VFS 2.1 there are many packages,classes and methods. within the
> methods i found there was no methods for compressed and decompressed the
> file.So i like to solve this problem and create a method for compressed and
> decompressed the file.

If you're looking for compression/decompression you should have a look at
Apache Commons Compress [1]

> may i know is it done before or if i want to do this project what can i do
> for that, is there any place to get the legal permission to do this.

Apache Commons components are licensed with Apache License 2.0 [2]. You can
do what ever you want with the code as long as it is covered by the license
(which is you can do almost everything :-)

Regards,
Benedikt

[1] http://commons.apache.org/compress
[2] http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0