Posted to dev@spark.apache.org by sequoiadb <ma...@sequoiadb.com> on 2015/04/01 03:12:55 UTC

should we add a start-masters.sh script in sbin?

Hey,

start-slaves.sh script is able to read from slaves file and start slaves node in multiple boxes.
However in standalone mode if I want to use multiple masters, I’ll have to start masters in each individual box, and also need to provide the list of masters’ hostname+port to each worker. ( start-slaves.sh only take 1 master ip+port for now)
I wonder should we create a new script called start-masters.sh to read conf/masters file? Also start-slaves.sh script may need to change a little bit so that master list can be passed to worker nodes.

Thanks

Re: should we add a start-masters.sh script in sbin?

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
Sounds good to me.