Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Deepal Jayasinghe <de...@opensource.lk> on 2007/07/20 14:13:20 UTC

[Axis2] Axis2 1.3 branch created

Hi Devs,

I created a branch [1] for Axis2 1.3 release since we are too close to
the release. So please do not do ant major changes to do the branch if
you find any issues with the code base then please create a JIRA and
attach the patch then I will review that and apply. If you do so only we
can make sure that the branch is in stable state to do the release. In
the meantime if you do any changes to branch then PLEASE do the changes
to trunk immediately as well.

Creating a branch does not mean we can change the trunk as we wish,
please be patient until we finish the release if you want to do a major
changes to trunk. Specially please do not do any major changes to kernel
, addressing , java2wsdl , adb , adb-codegen , codegen modules.

[1] : https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/webservices/axis2/branches/java/1_3/

Thanks
Deepal

Re: [Axis2] Axis2 1.3 branch created

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
I agree. we should remove clustering from axis2-<version>.jar for 1.3

thanks,
dims

Posted by Saminda Abeyruwan <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

When creating the axi2-<version>.jar, it does include clustering related
classes as well. Should we do so ?. If it should be included, Axis2 need to
be compiled in Java 1.5 though MVN compiler source is 1.4.  On the other
hand integration module has dependency to JWS module. This cause compilation
to fail on 1.4. Should we need to cleanup this for 1.3 ?

Thank you

Saminda

On 7/20/07, Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Great!. Am willing to help with merging stuff from the trunk as usual.
> Another biggie left is the docs and javadocs integration into the
> generated artifacts!
>
> thanks,
> dims
>
> On 7/20/07, Deepal Jayasinghe <de...@opensource.lk> wrote:
> > Hi Dims
> > > Deepal,
> > >
> > > So the POA is to get the releases out for all the dependencies that we
> > > use SNAPSHOT for and then cut Final?
> > I think we can get the Axiom , XmlScheam and neethi soon in the next
> > week and Woden will start their M7b release on Monday.
> > >
> > > How about an ETA, Next Friday?
> > Sound good.
> >
> > Thanks
> > Deepal