Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Mikael Petterson <mi...@ericsson.com> on 2016/08/26 10:36:56 UTC

Help to submit fix in maven-changes-plugin

Hi,

We are trying to use 2.12 of this plugin.

I notice that the filter that we set in not applied at all.

I found the following bug report:

MCHANGES-373: It is not possible to use "filter" parameter

I checked code and I can see that the jql query is missing the filter parameter to be set in the builder.
Easy fix.

I checked out the code:

https://github.com/apache/maven-plugins

I changed the code.

How can I submit a patch and integrate it and test it? Make a release 2.13. What is the process? Is there a guide?

Br,

//mikael

Re: Help to submit fix in maven-changes-plugin

Posted by Tibor Digana <ti...@googlemail.com>.
>>How can I submit a patch
Just push you commit and in the webpage https://github.com/<your
login>/maven-plugins
you will see a hint to open pull request.
Name it "[MCHANGES-373] <jira title>".
Done.

>>and integrate it
The ASF PMC and committers will integrate it.

>> and test it
You should run :
mvn -Prun-its verify
and see if and unit and IT tests passed successfully.

--
Cheers
Tibor

RE: Help to submit fix in maven-changes-plugin

Posted by Mikael Petterson <mi...@ericsson.com>.
Hi,

I have now created a pull request for it:

https://github.com/apache/maven-plugins/pull/91

What will happen now?

Br,

//mikael

Please read tutorial on GitHub to push a new pull request.

--
Cheers
Tibor

Re: Help to submit fix in maven-changes-plugin

Posted by Tibor Digana <ti...@apache.org>.

<ml...@n5.nabble.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We are trying to use 2.12 of this plugin.
>
> I notice that the filter that we set in not applied at all.
>
> I found the following bug report:
>
> MCHANGES-373: It is not possible to use "filter" parameter
>
> I checked code and I can see that the jql query is missing the filter
> parameter to be set in the builder.
> Easy fix.
>
> I checked out the code:
>
> https://github.com/apache/maven-plugins
>
> I changed the code.
>
> How can I submit a patch and integrate it and test it? Make a release 2.13.
> What is the process? Is there a guide?
>
> Br,
>
> //mikael

Cheers