Posted to dev@hive.apache.org by Prasanth Jayachandran <pj...@hortonworks.com> on 2018/06/19 08:55:42 UTC

Ptest timeouts

Precommit tests have started to timeout again. Could it be because of disk space issue? Should we need restart again? Sometimes >90% disk usage may also result in unhealthy node where no containers can be launched.

Thanks
Prasanth

Re: Ptest timeouts

Posted by Sahil Takiar <ta...@gmail.com>.
I checked the master instance, and it doesn't seem to be an issue with disk
space. I can re-start the cluster and see if that helps, however, some Hive
QA jobs will fail as a result.

--
Sahil Takiar
Software Engineer

Re: Ptest timeouts

Posted by Prasanth Jayachandran <pj...@hortonworks.com>.
Thanks for the update Vihang! Most tests were failing yesterday. Saw timeouts in HIVE-19926 and HIVE-15190. Looks like there are some green builds today.

Thanks
Prasanth

On Tue, Jun 19, 2018 at 3:50 PM -0700, "Vihang Karajgaonkar" <vi...@cloudera.com.INVALID>> wrote:

Sorry my bad, the disk utilization was not looking bad actually. It was
around ~10% not 90%. Which tests are timing out? The last couple of runs
that I saw didn't show any timeouts.

Re: Ptest timeouts

Posted by Vihang Karajgaonkar <vi...@cloudera.com.INVALID>.

Re: Ptest timeouts