Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Lukas Schmitt <Lu...@iteratec.com> on 2019/10/16 11:03:30 UTC

[jexl] ETA for Jexl version 3.2?

Hello,

is there a general timeline for an official release of Jexl version 3.2?

We have verified that the bug JEXL-281 is causing performance problems for us, which will be fixed with version 3.2.

However, we would like to use an official build as we have tight regulations around using SNAPSHOT-versions of dependencies.

But as the last Jexl release is from 2017, we are not sure if we can expect a new release anytime soon.

A short answer would be very helpful.

Thanks and best regards
Lukas

Re: [jexl] ETA for Jexl version 3.2?

Posted by henrib <he...@apache.org>.
Per your comment and to ease transition for others,  default options in 3.2
trunk are back to be as 'lenient' as 3.1.
I've added a (JexBuilder.setDefaultOptions) method to statically change
those defaults in one call and help validate new flags easily; an explicit
JexlBuilder is always a better option though.
Cheers

--
Sent from: http://apache-commons.680414.n4.nabble.com/Commons-User-f735979.html

Re: [jexl] ETA for Jexl version 3.2?

Posted by Lukas Schmitt <Lu...@iteratec.com>.
Thanks for your help!

When the builder is created with .safe(true) it works again as with version
3.1.

Perhaps it is additionally worth noting in the release notes that the
default behaviour will effectively change  when dereferencing null values
with version 3.2.

Posted by henrib <he...@apache.org>.
I was not able to reproduce the problem described in a simple example (see
Issues300Test.java, method test317Tentative). Beware that 3.2 is not as
lenient (as 3.1) with respect to dereferencing nulls (safe option) so you
might now have errors were you previously had null evals.
An actual JIRA ticket with a test case showing the problem is indeed your
next step if you want a solution in 3.2.
Cheers

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.
I'm not close to the JEXL component but the best way to get the ball
rolling is a JIRA ticket and PR on GitHub with at least a failing unit test
and a fix if you are up for it.

Gary

Posted by Lukas Schmitt <Lu...@iteratec.com>.
henrib wrote

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.
I can be around to help answer questions whenever you are ready...