Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Jamie Johnson <je...@gmail.com> on 2011/06/17 21:48:15 UTC

Solr Highlighting and fqs

I've read in several places that the Solr Highlighting component ignores
fqs, is there a way to enable it for them?  I have an interface where a user
essentially continues to pare down the information they are looking for by
adding fqs so the initial query is usually something like "John" and a user
may come along and do a query to filter that with something like "Smith",
I'd like to have both of them highlighted, is there a way to do this without
having to do the highlighting myself?  For now I've removed the fqs and just
concatenate everything together into a single query string which seems to
work but wasn't what I would have expected would be required.

Re: Solr Highlighting and fqs

Posted by Jamie Johnson <je...@gmail.com>.
This is really not what I'm looking for.  While I could see it accomplishing
the job I'd prefer that the highlighting component take into account the fqs
when doing highlighting.  Again I can get around this by simply joining all
the fqs with an AND and making them the query but this is limiting since if
I am doing an edismax query then this no longer works.

Also if someone can point me to the appropriate places in the code I don't
object to trying to make these modifications myself, if someone wants to
provide some guidance I'd be more than happy to give it a try.

Posted by Jan Høydahl <ja...@cominvent.com>.
Hi,

Vote for this feature https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-1926

--