Posted to dev@airflow.apache.org by fe...@ottogroup.com, fe...@ottogroup.com on 2018/09/08 03:57:10 UTC

Run worfklow only once for the same parameters

Hi all,

I would like to have a workflow which runs only once for the same given parameters, e.g.:'start_period' and 'end_period'. These parameters will be calculated automatically in case the workflow is triggered daily by the scheduler. However those parameters will be given manually through the configuration when the workflow is triggered manually from the CLI. If the start_period and end_period are the same, the worflow should not be executed anymore.

My idea is to embed the start_period and end_period in the run_id, since run_id is always unique. However there is no way to customize it. Would somebody please give me an idea how to cope with this requirement?

Thank you.