Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Rafael Turk <ra...@gmail.com> on 2008/07/30 03:37:05 UTC

Hadoop 4 disks per server

Hi All,

 I´m setting up a cluster with 4 disks per server. Is there any way to make
Hadoop aware of this setup and take benefits from that?

 *** I´m not planning to set RAID in each node (only on the namenode server)
since HA is granted by the HDFS.

Thanks.
--Rafael

Re: Hadoop 4 disks per server

Posted by Rafael Turk <ra...@gmail.com>.
Thank you all!  it worked like a charm

Re: Hadoop 4 disks per server

Posted by Konstantin Shvachko <sh...@yahoo-inc.com>.
On hdfs see

Re: Hadoop 4 disks per server

Posted by James Moore <ja...@gmail.com>.

--
James Moore | james@restphone.com
Ruby and Ruby on Rails consulting

Re: Hadoop 4 disks per server

Posted by Allen Wittenauer <aw...@yahoo-inc.com>.
On 7/29/08 6:37 PM, "Rafael Turk" <ra...@gmail.com> wrote:
>  I´m setting up a cluster with 4 disks per server. Is there any way to make
> Hadoop aware of this setup and take benefits from that?

    This is how we run our nodes.  You just need to list the four file
systems in the configuration files and the datanode and map/red processes
will know what to do.