Posted to dev@cxf.apache.org by Sergey Beryozkin <sb...@gmail.com> on 2013/02/06 18:10:30 UTC

Moving jaxrs:client to its own target schema namespace

Hi,

I'm doing some preparation for moving the JAX-RS client runtime code
into its own module (2.8.0-SNAPSHOT only), and I found I had to move
jaxrs:client to its own target namespace, so now it is

http://cxf.apache.org/jaxrs for jaxrs:endpoint
http://cxf.apache.org/jaxrs-client for jaxrs:client

One thing is that I extracted some common definitions out of the
existing jaxrs.xsd and moved it into jaxrs-common.xsd. The latter still
uses "http://cxf.apache.org/jaxrs", with jaxrs.xsd now "including" it to
minimize the side-effects for users who only write server endpoints,
while the new jaxrs-client.xsd imports it. The common schema only
defines model and schemaList types.

I'm not 100% sure it is the right approach, include the common schema in
the server schema, and import it into a new client one, it seems OK, the
updates are less that they would have to with the common types imported
at the server schema too...

The comments are welcome
thanks, Sergey