Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Jorge Medina <jm...@e-dialog.com> on 2008/09/30 16:57:40 UTC

wsdl2java and basic authentication

Hi,

  I have a Tomcat server (6.0.16) using basic authentication through a
JDBC connection to a database.

  The server runs in port 8080.

   I am trying to run wsdl2java against this server,

   > wsdl2java -uri
http://ssmith:password@myapp.example.com:8080/webservices/mywsdl.wsdl -s
-uw -u

but I get HTTP error 401:

Retrieving document at
'http://ssmith:password@myapp.example.com:8080/company

-webservices/mywsdl.wsdl'.

Exception in thread "main"
org.apache.axis2.wsdl.codegen.CodeGenerationException

: Error parsing WSDL

        at
org.apache.axis2.wsdl.codegen.CodeGenerationEngine.<init>(CodeGenerat

ionEngine.java:156)

        at org.apache.axis2.wsdl.WSDL2Code.main(WSDL2Code.java:35)

        at org.apache.axis2.wsdl.WSDL2Java.main(WSDL2Java.java:24)

Caused by: javax.wsdl.WSDLException: WSDLException:
faultCode=OTHER_ERROR: Unabl

e to resolve imported document at
'http://ssmith:password@myapp.example.com:8

080/webservices/mywsdl.wsdl'.: java.io.IOException: Server retu

rned HTTP response code: 401 for URL:
http://ssmith:password@sdk.eng.e-dialog.co

m:8080/webservices/mywsdl.wsdl

        at com.ibm.wsdl.xml.WSDLReaderImpl.readWSDL(Unknown Source)

        at com.ibm.wsdl.xml.WSDLReaderImpl.readWSDL(Unknown Source)

        at
org.apache.axis2.wsdl.codegen.CodeGenerationEngine.readInTheWSDLFile(

CodeGenerationEngine.java:288)

        at
org.apache.axis2.wsdl.codegen.CodeGenerationEngine.<init>(CodeGenerat

ionEngine.java:111)

        ... 2 more

Caused by: java.io.IOException: Server returned HTTP response code: 401
for URL:

 http://ssmith:password@myapp.example.com:8080/webservices/mailingCru

dWsdl.wsdl

        at
sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream(HttpURLCon

nection.java:1241)

        at java.net.URL.openStream(URL.java:1009)

        at com.ibm.wsdl.util.StringUtils.getContentAsInputStream(Unknown
Source)

        ... 6 more

The same URL works perfectly fine in a browser.

Is there any other way to specify the user and password required to get
the WSDL when running wsdl2java?

-Jorge

RE: wsdl2java and basic authentication

Posted by Jorge Medina <jm...@e-dialog.com>.
Actually, I only tested with version 1.4.1 and version 1.3

Version 1.3 works fine

________________________________

Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2008 10:57:40 -0400
From: jmedina@e-dialog.com
To: axis-user@ws.apache.org

Hi,

  I have a Tomcat server (6.0.16) using basic authentication through a
JDBC connection to a database.

  The server runs in port 8080.

   I am trying to run wsdl2java against this server,

   > wsdl2java -uri
http://ssmith:password@myapp.example.com:8080/webservices/mywsdl.wsdl -s
-uw -u

but I get HTTP error 401:

Retrieving document at
'http://ssmith:password@myapp.example.com:8080/company

-webservices/mywsdl.wsdl'.

Exception in thread "main"
org.apache.axis2.wsdl.codegen.CodeGenerationException

: Error parsing WSDL

        at
org.apache.axis2.wsdl.codegen.CodeGenerationEngine.<init>(CodeGenerat

ionEngine.java:156)

        at org.apache.axis2.wsdl.WSDL2Code.main(WSDL2Code.java:35)

        at org.apache.axis2.wsdl.WSDL2Java.main(WSDL2Java.java:24)

Caused by: javax.wsdl.WSDLException: WSDLException:
faultCode=OTHER_ERROR: Unabl

e to resolve imported document at
'http://ssmith:password@myapp.example.com:8

080/webservices/mywsdl.wsdl'.: java.io.IOException: Server retu

rned HTTP response code: 401 for URL:
http://ssmith:password@sdk.eng.e-dialog.co

m:8080/webservices/mywsdl.wsdl

        at com.ibm.wsdl.xml.WSDLReaderImpl.readWSDL(Unknown Source)

        at com.ibm.wsdl.xml.WSDLReaderImpl.readWSDL(Unknown Source)

        at
org.apache.axis2.wsdl.codegen.CodeGenerationEngine.readInTheWSDLFile(

CodeGenerationEngine.java:288)

        at
org.apache.axis2.wsdl.codegen.CodeGenerationEngine.<init>(CodeGenerat

ionEngine.java:111)

        ... 2 more

Caused by: java.io.IOException: Server returned HTTP response code: 401
for URL:

 http://ssmith:password@myapp.example.com:8080/webservices/mailingCru

dWsdl.wsdl

        at
sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream(HttpURLCon

nection.java:1241)

        at java.net.URL.openStream(URL.java:1009)

        at com.ibm.wsdl.util.StringUtils.getContentAsInputStream(Unknown
Source)

        ... 6 more

The same URL works perfectly fine in a browser.

Is there any other way to specify the user and password required to get
the WSDL when running wsdl2java?

-Jorge

________________________________

Want to do more with Windows Live? Learn "10 hidden secrets" from Jamie.
Learn Now
<http://windowslive.com/connect/post/jamiethomson.spaces.live.com-Blog-c
ns!550F681DAD532637!5295.entry?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_domore_092008>

RE: wsdl2java and basic authentication

Posted by Jorge Medina <jm...@e-dialog.com>.
Report has been created:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AXIS2-4060

________________________________

Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2008 10:57:40 -0400
From: jmedina@e-dialog.com
To: axis-user@ws.apache.org

Hi,

  I have a Tomcat server (6.0.16) using basic authentication through a
JDBC connection to a database.

  The server runs in port 8080.

   I am trying to run wsdl2java against this server,

   > wsdl2java -uri
http://ssmith:password@myapp.example.com:8080/webservices/mywsdl.wsdl -s
<http://ssmith:password@myapp.example.com:8080/webservices/mywsdl.wsdl-s
>  -uw -u

but I get HTTP error 401:

Retrieving document at
'http://ssmith:password@myapp.example.com:8080/company

-webservices/mywsdl.wsdl'.

Exception in thread "main"
org.apache.axis2.wsdl.codegen.CodeGenerationException

: Error parsing WSDL

        at
org.apache.axis2.wsdl.codegen.CodeGenerationEngine.<init>(CodeGenerat

ionEngine.java:156)

        at org.apache.axis2.wsdl.WSDL2Code.main(WSDL2Code.java:35)

        at org.apache.axis2.wsdl.WSDL2Java.main(WSDL2Java.java:24)

Caused by: javax.wsdl.WSDLException: WSDLException:
faultCode=OTHER_ERROR: Unabl

e to resolve imported document at
'http://ssmith:password@myapp.example.com:8

080/webservices/mywsdl.wsdl'.: java.io.IOException: Server retu

rned HTTP response code: 401 for URL:
http://ssmith:password@sdk.eng.e-dialog.co

m:8080/webservices/mywsdl.wsdl

        at com.ibm.wsdl.xml.WSDLReaderImpl.readWSDL(Unknown Source)

        at com.ibm.wsdl.xml.WSDLReaderImpl.readWSDL(Unknown Source)

        at
org.apache.axis2.wsdl.codegen.CodeGenerationEngine.readInTheWSDLFile(

CodeGenerationEngine.java:288)

        at
org.apache.axis2.wsdl.codegen.CodeGenerationEngine.<init>(CodeGenerat

ionEngine.java:111)

        ... 2 more

Caused by: java.io.IOException: Server returned HTTP response code: 401
for URL:

 http://ssmith:password@myapp.example.com:8080/webservices/mailingCru

dWsdl.wsdl

        at
sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream(HttpURLCon

nection.java:1241)

        at java.net.URL.openStream(URL.java:1009)

        at com.ibm.wsdl.util.StringUtils.getContentAsInputStream(Unknown
Source)

        ... 6 more

The same URL works perfectly fine in a browser.

Is there any other way to specify the user and password required to get
the WSDL when running wsdl2java?

-Jorge

________________________________

Want to do more with Windows Live? Learn "10 hidden secrets" from Jamie.
Learn Now
<http://windowslive.com/connect/post/jamiethomson.spaces.live.com-Blog-c
ns%21550F681DAD532637%215295.entry?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_domore_092008>

--
Keith Chapman
Senior Software Engineer

blog: http://www.keith-chapman.org

Re: wsdl2java and basic authentication

Posted by keith chapman <ke...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.
it seems you have found a malicious bug..please let us know how to remove

thanks

Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2008 11:21:31 -0400
From: jmedina@e-dialog.com
To: axis-user@ws.apache.org