Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Uriah Carpenter <ur...@widen.com> on 2004/03/08 23:21:00 UTC

Using javascript.location.replace() to remove back-button problem s

According to David Flanagan, in _JavaScript, The Definitive Guide 4th
Edition_, JavaScript's location.replace() method will NOT create a new entry
in the history object. I believe, this means that if you were to solely use
this method of nagivation around your app, you would only have ONE page in
the history (the current page), and no back button issues to worry about.

Has anyone every tried having a Tapestry app using only the Javascript
location.replace() method to navigate between pages to prevent "back-button"
horrors?

-- Uriah

Re: Using javascript.location.replace() to remove back-button problems

Posted by Programozás <pr...@hotmail.com>.
This trick does not work with form submits.
If you have no forms in your application then you have solved the backbutton
problem :)

Norbi