Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by "Nepali, Sonam (GE Healthcare, consultant)" <So...@ge.com> on 2009/09/22 19:45:29 UTC

cxf jmx management integration with Weblogic mbeanserver

Hi

How do I integrate the CXF JMX mbeans into a Weblogic MBeanServer?  I
would like to access all of the mbeans through one address instead of
having to specify different addresses for accessing the WebLogic server
mbeans (service:jmx:rmi:///jndi/rmi://localhost:9999/jmxrmi)  and one
for CXF MBeans (service:jmx:rmi:///jndi/rmi://localhost:9914/jmxrmi).

thanks

Sonam

CXF User

Re: cxf jmx management integration with Weblogic mbeanserver

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
On Wed September 23 2009 10:56:20 am Nepali, Sonam (GE Healthcare, consultant)
wrote:
> Dan
>
> I got it to work on the latest 2.2.3 CXF version.  I don't see a way to
> set the mbeanserver in the 2.1.3 version.  The 2.1.3 version does a
> lookup of a mbeanserver with a name of "org.apache.cxf".

Yea.   Most of the extra management flags were added in 2.1.6.   Thus, they
wouldn't be in 2.1.3.

Dan

--
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org

RE: cxf jmx management integration with Weblogic mbeanserver

Posted by "Nepali, Sonam (GE Healthcare, consultant)" <So...@ge.com>.
I am using the Weblogic provided runtime mbeanServer through the JNDI
reference.  There could be other mbeanServers running but I want to use
the Weblogic provided runtime.

	<bean id="mbeanServer"
		<property name="jndiName"
value="java:comp/env/jmx/runtime"/>
	</bean>

thanks

Sonam
CXF User

Just out of interest, did you pull in the platformMBeanServer or the
WebLogic one from JNDI/MBeanHome?

/Eoghan

2009/9/23 Nepali, Sonam (GE Healthcare, consultant)
<So...@ge.com>

Posted by Eoghan Glynn <eo...@gmail.com>.
Hi Sonam,

--
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org

Re: cxf jmx management integration with Weblogic mbeanserver

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.

--
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org

Re: cxf jmx management integration with Weblogic mbeanserver

Posted by Eoghan Glynn <eo...@gmail.com>.
Hi Sonam,

Depending on your WebLogic version, your could try using the Spring
WebLogicMBeanServerFactoryBean[1] to access the WebLogic MBeanServer (which
is apparently accessible via a proprietary MBeanHome API in versions
preceeding 9.x) and then inject this into the CXF InstrumentationManager
bean.

In more recent versions of WebLogic (9.x and later), apparently the WebLogic
MBeanServer is more easily accessible via JNDI. You could try using the
Spring JndiObjectFactoryBean to the do the JNDI lookup, something like the
following:

<bean id="org.apache.cxf.management.InstrumentationManager"
      class="org.apache.cxf.management.jmx.InstrumentationManagerImpl">
    <property name="enabled" value="true" />
    <property name="bus" ref="cxf" />
    <property name="createMBServerConnectorFactory" value="false"/>
    <property name="server">
        <bean class="org.springframework.jndi.JndiObjectFactoryBean">
            <property name="jndiName" value="java:comp/env/jmx/runtime"/>
        </bean>
    </property>
</bean>

Cheers,