Posted to commits@subversion.apache.org by Apache subversion Wiki <co...@subversion.apache.org> on 2012/02/08 21:21:11 UTC

[Subversion Wiki] Trivial Update of "InheritedProperties" by pburba

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Subversion Wiki" for change notification.

The "InheritedProperties" page has been changed by pburba:
http://wiki.apache.org/subversion/InheritedProperties?action=diff&rev1=28&rev2=29

  A child path that inherits a property from its parent may not have ready access to that parent in the working copy (e.g. the root of the working copy is a subtree of the parent path).  To ensure that traditionally disconnected operations (i.e. those that require no access to the repository, like 'svn add') remain disconnected, we will maintain a cache of properties inherited by the root of the working copy. Whenever a new working copy is checked out, any properties inherited by the root of the working copy will be cached in the working copy.  If a subtree within a working copy is switched, a separate cache will be created for the root of that subtree.  Whenever an update occurs the cache(s) will be refreshed.

  The cache will be stored in a new wc-ng table:
- ||||||||||<tablewidth="978px" tableheight="324px"style="font-weight:bold;        ;text-align:center">TABLE: INHERITABLE_PROPS ||
+ ||||||||||<tablewidth="978px" tableheight="324px"style="font-weight:bold;         ;text-align:center">TABLE: INHERITABLE_PROPS ||
  ||<style="font-weight:bold;">Name ||<style="font-weight:bold;">Data Type ||<style="font-weight:bold;">Primary Key ||<style="font-weight:bold;">Foreign Key ||<style="font-weight:bold;">Notes ||
  ||wc_id ||integer ||Yes ||References NODES.WC_ID || ||
  ||local_relpath ||text ||Yes ||References NODES.LOCAL_RELPATH || ||
@@ -240, +240 @@

   * The callback invoked by svn_client_proplist4().  Each invocation
   * provides the regular and/or inherited properties of @a path, which is
   * either a working copy path or a URL.  If @a prop_hash is not @c NULL, then
   * explicit property values.  If @a inherited_prop_hash is not @c NULL,
   * then it maps <tt>const char *</tt> paths (either working copy paths or
-  * URLs), which are parents of @a path, to a hash mapping <tt>char *</tt>
+  * URLs), which are parents of @a path, to a hash mapping <tt>const char *</tt>
   * inherited property names to the <tt>svn_string_t *</tt> explicit property
   * values found on these parents.  Use @a pool for all temporary allocations.
   *