Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Naga raja <jo...@gmail.com> on 2009/12/18 18:34:59 UTC

need of projects

hi all,
I am disparately in need some webpages that uses solr at backend and
display the results..
Plz can u send some PHP codes tht resembles like Google that uses Solr.
Im new to solr.

RE: need of projects

Posted by Brian Klippel <br...@theport.com>.
http://our.gop.com/app/render/go.aspx?xsl=search.xslt&searchTerm=*:*&searc
hFilter=SearchObjectCategory:USER_PROFILE

It returns well formed XML or JSoN, simply utilize it as a rest-like web
service. Most sites you visit that utilize it will not expose that
consumption logic in client visible code. We proxy it, as I suspect most
do.

Re: need of projects

Posted by Gora Mohanty <go...@srijan.in>.
On Fri, 18 Dec 2009 23:04:59 +0530
Naga raja <jo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> hi all,
> I am disparately in need some webpages that uses solr at backend
> and display the results..
> Plz can u send some PHP codes tht resembles like Google that uses
> Solr. Im new to solr.

In other words, please will someone do my (home)work for me.
For free! Please, won't you? This is all about open source,
isn't it?

Naga, please at least show people some evidence that you have
tried to struggle with implementing Solr, looked at the fairly
extensive documentation, read the book. etc. Usually, if someone
has done that, their questions are much more specific, e.g, I
tried to XYZ as described on the ABC Solr Wiki page, and still
could not manage to get things to work.

I think that you will find that people are more willing to help
in that case. Somewhat of an oldie now, but the page is still
worth reading: http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html
(How To Ask Questions The Smart Way)

Regards,
Gora

Re: need of projects

Posted by Paul Dhaliwal <su...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

There are many sites that are using Solr

YoAuto.com - Auto parts shopping comparison engine is using solr on the
backend.  Its not a PHP site.

Paul