Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Detlef Brendle <de...@canoo.com> on 2001/09/26 11:15:10 UTC

howto split xml definitions.

hi all,
heres what I wanna do:

I got something like this in my xml file

<project name="test" default="all">

<property ..../>
<taskdef name="checkout".../>
<taskdef name="module".../>

	<target name="all">
		<checkout name="pvcs_project"...>
			<module name="pvcs_project" Workset="${aVariable}.../>
				<designPart dp="${anotherVar}/>
				<designPart dp="${anotherVar1}/>
				<dependency project="dependsOn>
			</module>
		</checkout>
	</target>
</project>

*******************3
this is workin perfectly fine - but we are not satisfied with the level of
defining a project.What we wanna have is something like

+++++++++++++++++++++++
<project name="test" default="all">

<property ..../>
<taskdef name="checkout".../>
<taskdef name="module".../>

	<target name="all">
		<checkout name="pvcs_project"...>
			<module refid="pvcs_project">
		</checkout>
	</target>
</project>

and having a second xml file which contains the module descriptions
like
<module id="pvcs_project" Workset="${aVariable}.../>
	<designPart dp="${anotherVar}/>
	<designPart dp="${anotherVar1}/>
	<dependency project="dependsOn>
</module>
<module id="another_project">
</module>

when we use the xml include directive as described within the ant faqs - it
executes this task as soon as it parses it .

has anybody got the solution for this ?

thanks,

detlef&denis