Posted to dev@beam.apache.org by Ben Chambers <bc...@apache.org> on 2016/08/23 23:09:48 UTC

Remove legacy import-order?

When Beam was contributed it inherited an import order [1] that was pretty
arbitrary. We've added org.apache.beam [2], but continue to use this
ordering.

Both Eclipse and IntelliJ default to grouping imports into alphabetic
order. I think it would simplify development if we switched our checkstyle
ordering to agree with these IDEs. This also removes special treatment for
specific packages.

If people agree, I'll send out a PR that changes the checkstyle
configuration and runs IntelliJ's sort-imports on the existing files.

-- Ben

[1] org.apache.beam,com.google,android,com,io,Jama,junit,net,org,sun,java,javax
[2] com.google,android,com,io,Jama,junit,net,org,sun,java,javax

Re: Remove legacy import-order?

Posted by Dan Halperin <dh...@google.com.INVALID>.
Done as of #829. Thanks Ben, for simplifying our imports and getting rid of
our legacy dependence on Google's import structure.

Posted by Mark Liu <ma...@google.com.INVALID>.

Posted by Lukasz Cwik <lc...@google.com.INVALID>.
+1 for import order

Posted by Amit Sela <am...@gmail.com>.