Posted to dev@flume.apache.org by 文杰徐 <we...@gmail.com> on 2013/01/22 14:42:28 UTC

how to stop flume-ng through command line?

Hi all,

Does any body know how to stop flume-ng through command line? I opened this
script and did not see any stop() entry... a little confused...

Thanks & B.rgds

Gary

2012.1.22

Re: how to stop flume-ng through command line?

Posted by Mike Percy <mp...@apache.org>.
Don't kill -9 (SIGKILL) unless you absolutely have to.

Just send it a SIGINT or SIGQUIT and it will gracefully shut down. So as
Alex says, a regular "kill <pid>" will do.

Regards
Mike

On Tue, Jan 22, 2013 at 8:53 AM, Alexander Alten-Lorenz <wget.null@gmail.com

Posted by Alexander Alten-Lorenz <wg...@gmail.com>.

--
Alexander Alten-Lorenz
http://mapredit.blogspot.com

Re: how to stop flume-ng through command line?

Posted by Liting Hu <fo...@gmail.com>.
you can use kill -9 ... ;)