Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by ax...@accenture.com on 2001/11/13 10:59:03 UTC

Kerning in custom fonts

Hello,

I am using an imported font specified through userconfig.xml for my PDFs
generated through FOP.
When switching to the custom instead of the default font the kerning seems
to be skewed, moving
some letters too close to each other. I have looked at the original
TrueType font (in this case Verdana)
in the standard MS Office apps and find that letter spacing is handled
better in those.

Is there a way that I can check the font metrics file as generated in the
font preparation process ?
TIA
               Axel

original.  Any other use of the email by you is prohibited.