Posted to ivy-user@ant.apache.org by jo...@gmail.com on 2010/01/11 18:54:34 UTC

ClearCase Ivy Resolver

Hello everyone,

I am working for an organization that is using ClearCase for configuration
management of binaries and libraries. I have been thinking about bringing
automatic transitive dependency management and it seems that Ivy could be a
good option. It seems that creating an extension of the DependencyResolver
interface would be the way to achieve my goal.

But first I would like to get some feedback from the Ivy community, perhaps
this is something that is already availble or it could be something not
very recommendable.

I would appreciate very much your advice and opinions on the matter.

Thank you very much in advance.

/jose

ClearCase Ivy Resolver

Posted by Jose Luis Ruiz <jo...@gmail.com>.
Hello everyone,

I am working for an organization that is using ClearCase for configuration
management. Binary files (ear, wars and so on) and reusable libraries (.jar)
are stored and managed at ClearCase. I believe that bringing automatic
transitive dependency management will improve our building operations.

Maven and Ivy seem like feasible alternatives for achieving this goal,
but my first impression is that Ivy's flexibility and adaptability make it a
better option. According to Ivy's docs seems that creating an extension of
the DependencyResolver interface would do the trick.

But before engaging in the task I would like to get some feedback from the
Ivy community. Perhaps this is something that someone has already done
before or it could be something not very recommendable at all.