Posted to dev@camel.apache.org by Zoran Regvart <zo...@regvart.com> on 2018/09/25 08:39:04 UTC

Re: [DOC] - generator

Hi François,
thank you for offering to help! Perhaps you can take a look at the
asciidocs for the user manual we have in `docs/user-manual` and see if
the this approach can be used to generate HTML and PDF from that.

We're working on the new website in the `website` branch (I've just
rebased it), there is a build job[1] that gets triggered when you make
changes to that branch and pushes the resulting static files to
`asf-site` branch of the `camel-webiste` subproject[2].

For starters perhaps it would be nice to just have `/manual` on the
new website with the generated HTML files.

Please ping me with any questions, and feel free to change things
around this is all work in progress

zoran

[1] https://builds.apache.org/view/C/view/Apache%20Camel/job/Camel/job/website/
[2] https://github.com/apache/camel-website/tree/asf-site

--
Zoran Regvart

Re: [DOC] - generator

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Thanks

I gonna take a look and move forward.

Regards
JB

Re: [DOC] - generator

Posted by Francois Papon <fr...@openobject.fr>.
Great :)

I will take a look on the issue and make some proposal ;)

regards,

François Papon
fpapon@apache.org

Re: [DOC] - generator

Posted by Zoran Regvart <zo...@regvart.com>.
Hi François,

--
Zoran Regvart

Re: [DOC] - generator

Posted by Francois Papon <fr...@openobject.fr>.
Thank you Zoran,

Re: [DOC] - generator

Posted by Zoran Regvart <zo...@regvart.com>.
Hi François,

--
Zoran Regvart

Re: [DOC] - generator

Posted by Francois Papon <fr...@openobject.fr>.
Hi Zoran,

Re: [DOC] - generator

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
+1

We also have the same approach in Karaf.

Regards
JB

Re: [DOC] - generator

Posted by Francois Papon <fr...@openobject.fr>.
Hi Zoran,

Thanks, I will check for having a '/manual' with HTML files.

For the generation, I already use it for the Apache Unomi project, you
can have a preview here :

  * HTML : https://unomi.incubator.apache.org/manual/latest/index.html
  * PDF :
    https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/incubator/unomi/1.3.0-incubating/unomi-manual-1_3_x.pdf

For the ping, you prefer IRC or Slack channel ?