Posted to log4j-dev@logging.apache.org by "CRANNEY, John" <jc...@westpac.com.au> on 2002/01/14 00:45:08 UTC

RE: HTMLPatternLayout

Yep, we played with it but it wasn't customizable enough. Actually I got my
subject line wrong: what we have written is an HTMLPatternLayout that we run
through a rolling file appender. It does a few things that the HTMLAppender
doesn't:

- Color coding of log messages by priority (really handy when scanning a
large log for fatals/errors if you've got debug on)
- Auto scroll to bottom on reload (tested in IE only at this point)
- Total customization of messages as it is a PatternLayout instead of an
appender

At the moment it's only been tested with IE but it looks OK in opera too.

Regards,

JC