Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Matthew Smith <ms...@windebt.com> on 2000/07/31 20:50:10 UTC

Cocoon not finding initarg

    When I try to pull up an XML document through cocoon I get the following
error :
"The servlet initialization argument "properties" was not found. Please,
make sure Cocoon is able to find its configurations or it won't be able to
execute correctly."
	I have the following line in my zone.properties files:
"servlet.org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon.initArgs=properties=/usr/local/etc/httpd/c
ocoon/conf/cocoon.properties"

	The cocoon.properties file is readable to all users.  Does anyone know what
might be causing this?

Matt

Re: Cocoon not finding initarg

Posted by Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>.
On Mon, 31 Jul 2000, Matthew Smith wrote:

>     When I try to pull up an XML document through cocoon I get the following
> error :
> "The servlet initialization argument "properties" was not found. Please,
> make sure Cocoon is able to find its configurations or it won't be able to
> execute correctly."
> 	I have the following line in my zone.properties files:
> "servlet.org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon.initArgs=properties=/usr/local/etc/httpd/c
> ocoon/conf/cocoon.properties"
>
> 	The cocoon.properties file is readable to all users.  Does anyone know what
> might be causing this?

permissions (su to the apache-jserv user and see if you can read the file
- a 700 directory futher up will mess you up) or incorrect mounting -
perhaps your cocoon is coming out of a different zone than you think it
is.

- donald