Posted to dev@sis.apache.org by Martin Desruisseaux <ma...@geomatys.com> on 2017/11/15 21:47:10 UTC

[DISCUSS] Apache SIS 0.8-RC1

Discussion thread for vote on Apache SIS 0.8 release candidate.

If you have any questions or feedback or to post results of validating
the release, please reply to this thread. Once you verify the release,
please post your vote to the VOTE thread.

For reference, the Apache release guide -
http://www.apache.org/dev/release.html

Some tips to validate the release:

  * Download the binary version and run the 5 minute or 10 minute
    tutorial as described in website.
  * Download the source files from compressed files and release tag and
    build (which includes tests).
  * Verify the distribution for the required LICENSE and NOTICE files
  * Verify if all the staged files are signed and the signature is
    verifiable.
  * Verify if the signing key in the project's KEYS file is hosted on a
    public server

Thanks for your time in validating the release and voting,

    Martin (On Behalf of SIS PMC)

Re: [DISCUSS] Apache SIS 0.8-RC1

Posted by Martin Desruisseaux <ma...@geomatys.com>.
The current release proposal does not include the OpenOffice add-in.
Should we add this add-in together with other release artifacts on
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/sis/0.8/RC1/ ?

  * Temporary OpenOffice add-in location:
    http://home.apache.org/~desruisseaux/OpenOffice/apache-sis-0.8.oxt
  * Documentation (in English):
    http://sis.staging.apache.org/openoffice/en/

The reason why I'm asking is because this add-in contains EPSG data
under a license which - I think - may be a category X license. However:

  * Those data are provided in binary format.
  * An EPSG header, together with a link to EPSG terms of use, is shown
    and must be accepted when the user install the add-in.

If we do not provide this add-in with standard release artifacts, what
could be a location for it?

    Martin